Every Laptop comes with a special key called Fn that is used for many purposes, but when the laptop keyboard doesn’t function this key you have to face many issues. My laptop keyboard got damaged by kids and the brightness increased to 100 percent after Reinstalling Windows. I don’t know how to reset the normal laptop until I find this solution.
The situation is very worse and I have to find the keyboard for lowering brightness or have to research for a solution. My eyes were getting damaged due to this brightness in Laptop and even tried installing other software that didn’t work at all.
This solution works on any Laptop any version of Windows and I am describing about Lenovo Y410 that is on Windows XP.
- First you have to go to the Desktop screen and Right click for Properties.
2. When the properties dialog box appears, Click Settings.
3. Under Settings Tab click Advanced Button.
4. A new Dialog box appears and the first Tab is Intel Graphics Card accelerator, but don’t know about most about Laptop what it displays. Please click the tab where it shows about your Graphic card software.
5 After clicking the Graphics Tab in that box you need to click Graphics Properties button.
6. At this point your Intel Graphics box appears where you can see the buttons for controlling the Display.
7. Click the Color Corrections button in the left menu and the you see the contrast, Brightness Gamma Controller will appear.
8. Now just control your brightness how much you want.
9. In the upper menu you see Scheme options and set it to save with any name you want.
10. Once typed the name click ok at the bottom and close all the boxes whatever you opened.
Restart the Laptop and enjoy to use Laptop for a long time.
Here is the Video about this tutorial.